Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Cracked Porcelain Doll Halloween Costume Part 2

Hey guys! I'm back with part two of my Halloween make up! Enjoy!

Next you're going to want to draw the cracks on your face using black body paint or a liquid eye liner. If you decide to use black body paint, make sure not to add too much water.
A pretty creepy version of me with the doll make up on
When you have the correct consistency, take a very fine paint brush and paint on the cracks until you're satisfied. This takes a lot of work so be sure to practice as much as you can. For the picture to the right I didn't paint my neck, but like I said in part one it is a good idea to. Otherwise you look very odd. It is A LOT easier to do this look if you reference something because then you won't over do it. I referenced Madeyewlook in her video and I believe she referenced dolls from a video game. 
You could also try looking up cracked porcelain dolls on Google to make them as realistic as possible.

After you've finished painting the cracks you can start to make even more realistic by shading around them. You can accentuate the deep holes that the cracks are supposed to be making by leaving a thin line between the actual crack and the shading. Also, make the shading closer to the crack darker and fade it out to make it look like a nice shadow.

A final finishing touch that leaves your make up looking really creepy-porcelain-doll-ish is putting some gray eyeshadow in your laugh lines, dimples, and forehead lines (if you have these). It adds the affect that you're always smiling and is creepy to the max.

I also decided to tell you guys about my Halloween dress on this post because why not right? As you may or may not know I got my dress at a store called Dressed in White. A lot of the dresses there look kind of like old night gowns, and literally EVERYTHING was white. Now, I picked a dress that was all the way down to my feet and I thought it would be cute to pin it up underneath and have a certain puffiness to it. It actually turned out pretty cute and I recommend this method. I wore sheer white stockings and Mary Jane looking flats. I decided to curl my hair as a finishing touch, but that's totally up to you. 

Well I hope you enjoyed my two part tutorial! Let me know in the comments if you would like to see another tutorial like this one and if you decide to do this look for Halloween! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment